6.11.09

One Restaurant


116 Yorkville Avenue Toronto ON 416. 961.9600

A M A L says do NOT devour this food

1) Appearance - pretty much drop-dead-gorgeous. No exaggeration. Designed by one of Toronto's top Interior Design firms, Yabu Pushelberg. Just gorgeous. What can I say? Classy, simple, sleek, elegant, not over done. Luxurious. Just gorgeous.

2) Service - I am sure the servers are knowledgeable, they are all a bit older than your average servers. But they seemed to rush us...'just eat and get out'. I have had some conversations with management about the restaurant, the design, etc, and they are absolutely professional and friendly.

3) Portions - ok.

4) Taste - it breaks my heart to say this, but could definately be so much better. I have been there on 3 occasions: once for breakfast, once for lunch, and once for dinner. I would not order the eggs benedict, or the pancakes. Lunch was ok...I would order the fries again. And I Had a soup which was ok. Dinner...expensive, and just OK. Butternut Squash Gnocchi is ok, a little heavy...would not order it again. Why is this so???

5) Price - expensive.

C H R I S says do NOT devour this food

1) Appearance - 'Jay-Z in da house!' - Very high-end. Felt unwelcomed in my jeans and converse shoes. But seriously we were walking around Yorkville around bruch time in the middle of the week! Did I need to get dressed up? I found it a bit intimidating. Perhaps if I were in a suit I would like it better?

2) Service - not as fabulous as it should be. Yes, I used the word 'fabulous'. I am comfortable with my sexuality.

3) Portions - OK

4) Taste - Not good. No one in our party wanted to finish their meals.

5) Price - not cheap.

**Overall, dissappointed. But maybe you have to be a celebrity to be treated well? Or a regular$?

No comments:

Post a Comment