A M A L says DEVOUR THIS FOOD!
1) Appearance - actually, for a place in china town, not so bad! they've tried to make it look more contemporary, and less "chinese" in terms of those hanging paper lanterns, etc. You do see a few spiritual statues in niches, but for the most part, it's ok. (bathrooms are another issue...downstairs...no locks on doors...cardboard floors...blaaaghh)
2) Service - the place is run like the military. They get so busy, no one speaks english. Someone seats you, another person brings you tea, another person takes your order, someone else brings your order (but you have to remind them)...and so on. But it's fine, they're all hard working and friendly. and there are always servers on break eating the food, which is always reassuring.
3) Portions - HUGE.
4) Taste - sooooooooo goooood. everything just tastes so good. I love their duck. I love their shrimp dumplings with chives...you have to try everything!
5) Price - very inexpensive. Approx. $25 for two people.
C H R I S says do NOT Devour this food!
1) Appearance - busy, dirty, scary
2) Service - busy, dirty, scary
3) Portions - huge
4) Taste - I don't enjoy Chinese food...so maybe there is a bias to my review.
5) Price - great. Amal paid!