21.5.09

TEN Restaurant & Wine Bar


139 Lakeshore Rd E Port Credit ON 905.271.0016

A M A L says DEVOUR THIS FOOD

1) Appearance - pretty cool. Ceilings extremely high, and for the shape of the space (ceilngs are on an angle, much like an old barn), they can do something more interesting with the ceiling like add beams or something. Anyway, cool decor, comfy atmosphere, dance floor area in the back, and very tall booths, offering privacy. Dark ambiance.

2) Service - we went in on a Sunday night, around 9 PM. You have to wait to be seated. We waited right at the front reception/hostess desk for a good 10-15 minutes. We asked the bartender who saw us, who was right infront of us working the bar, if she could send someone over, and she never did. The restaurant lost exactly 8 customers who walked in, waited, and just left. 8 customers who obviously wanted to EAT, otherwise they could have just sat themselves in the bar. When I told the manager, who finally came over to seat us, that they just lost 8 customers, he said "Oh really" with no expresssion and not a care in the world... Anyway, our server was friendly, although Chris saw her and the manager talking about us soon after he sat us...

3) Portions - not huge. We went for dinner, I was hungry before, and hungry after. I ordered the penne with a rose sauce. It also had veggies in it. Next time I would add chicken or something to it.

4) Taste - I enjoyed it. They also have incredible martinis.

5) Price - average I guess. Not cheap, but not expensive, either.

C H R I S says DEVOUR THIS FOOD (but not the dish I ordered!)

1) Appearance - hip, sleek, dark. I like the booths.

2) Service - (see above, what Amal said) Only reason we stayed and didn't just bolt across the street to Hooks was because they were closed. It was late on a Sunday night, and we didn't feel like driving some place else.

3) Portions - I was still hungry after my pasta

4) Taste - I did not like mine. I ate it, and some of Amal's, but I didnt like mine at all. It was some sweet-potato ravioli in a white cream sauce....
Martini's are actually pretty good though.

5) Price - ok

1 comment:

  1. girly whirly1.6.09

    Funny, that has happened to me and my girlfriends before too, that we waited a while to be seated....but nice atmosphere anyway

    ReplyDelete