5.5.09

Baton Rouge - Mississauga

5860 Mavis Road   Mississauga  ON   905.567.1190

A M A L  says DEVOUR THIS FOOD

1) Appearance - nice, dark, nice cozy booths, wood detailing, nice layout

2) Service - ...interesting....to say the least.  I can't say that the service is BAD there, but I can say it's not comfortable. When we were there just a week ago, our main waitress dictated the daily specials and whatever else schpeel she had to say in a very strange robotic voice, staring head on like a deer caught in headlights. See Chris's review on service for more details.  But I would like to mention that at the end of the meal, we asked for toothpicks from a different server (they serve in teams there) and it was awkward.  We asked for toothpicks, she paused, looked confused and said, "uhh...how many?"  and we answered  "well....there's two of us...soo..."  and she paused again and said, "so, like...how many?"     and we said  "like....two?"  (so awkward) and she returns with two frickin toothpicks.

3) Portions - huge, great

4) Taste - I ordered the ribs with the baked potato again.  Again, my ribs were cold, so I had to have them sent back.  Once they were warm, they tasted phenomenal.  and again on the service, our weird deer-caught-in-headlights server came and in a strange, posessed, robotic voice asked, "hi. how.are.your.ribs.?are.they.to.your.like.ing.and.falling.off.the.bones?"  (sooo awkward)

5) Price - reasonable for this type of place (approx. $100/two people)

 C H R I S says DEVOUR THIS FOOD

1) Appearance - nice, more spacious than the one in toronto. You can see the kitchen.

2) Service - kinda interesting.  I ordered a burger with fries. They have great fries. I wanted mine well-done. So our deer-caught-in-headlights server asked, "WELL-done?"  I said, "Yeah." so she replied, "you mean well-done as in dry and lacking flavour?"  to which I uneasily agreed....wtf?

3) Portions - fine

4) Taste - good

5) Price - fine


No comments:

Post a Comment