25.4.09

Moxie's Classic Grill (Argentia Rd.)

2959 Argentia Rd Mississauga ON 905.567.5511


A M A L says do NOT devour this food

1) Appearance - schizophrenic, to say the least. There is way too much going on here, from the drop ceilings and bulkheads, to the wall finishes, to the accessories, to the pendant lights...way way to much happening. Walking into the reception area feels like a giant shower stall with the huge volume and tiny square glass mosaics and funky chandelier, which to me, resembles water being sprayed from a broken shower head.
The dining room is segregated from the bar, which is good if you want something quieter and more intimate. Washrooms are central, and are pretty cool though.

2) Service - Based on our experience, the WORST. No exaggeration. Case in point: Chris and I went for drinks. We want to sit someplace quieter than the bar, so we ask to be seated in the dining room booths. After we are seated and the server comes to take our order, we let her know we just want drinks. She is quite displeased with this. Just before we utter the rest of our sentence to order our two beers, the waitress says "I'll be right back" and disappears for 10 minutes...Finally she returns to take our order of two frickin beers. When she comes with the beers, she walks towards us and as she approaches our booths, does a dive and the beers come FLYING at our table. Luckily I had taken off my jacket and put it in my lap, so only my jacket (and the entire table) was drenched in the beer. "Oh. Sorry" the waitress says, very unapologetically, and comes back with TWO napkins. I then ask her for more, she gives me a blank stare and comes back with a couple more. Chris makes a joke, trying to lighten the situation by saying, "Boy, that went down quick...Do you think we could order a couple more drinks?" and the waitress says nothing and leaves. As she comes back to clean off the table with a cloth, we ask to be seated someplace else, as the booth seats are also wet. So we move, and she takes our order again (same two beers, and very rude and redundant to take our order again). Finally the manager comes over, our beers not given to us yet. He says "I'm sorry about this, we can pick up the tab for your dry cleaning." Politely I respond "No that's fine, but if you have some wet naps and some more napkins, that would be great". To which he again stares blanlky and says "uh...wet naps? We normally reserve those for take out". At this point I am obviously offended and boiling with anger. I said, "excuse me? You reserve those for take out?? I am not charging you for my dry cleaning bill, we are still sitting here wanting to order, and you can't bring be wet naps??" So he says "Ok, I'll get you some". He comes back with ONE wet nap, and ONE more napkin.
And the server comes back with the beer at the same time.
At this point I am SOOOOOOOO offended, I simply say, "You know what, I don't think I want those beers anymore. We are leaving." So we left, politely and quietly, but ULTRA, ULTRA pissed off.

SO: If you want beer thrown at you, to be completely and utterly disrespected, not offered any thing complementary, e.g. "Sorry about that, here's some beer on the house and your choice of an appetizer" or "Sorry about that, here's a gift card, please come back" or "Sorry, here are some wet naps, is there anything else we can bring for you" we were basically kicked out.

Terrible service. Terrible management. and Terrible design!

...need I continue with the rest of the categories?

C H R I S says do NOT devour this food

(same as above)

No comments:

Post a Comment